When you lose weight with healthy diet, nervousness is a normal sight, because the body no longer receives the same nutrients as before, and physical activity is different.
I don’t think it comes as a surprise when I say that stress is also one of the main reasons why many healthy diets and diet / exercise protocols don’t work.
The ever-increasing mental and physical exhaustion that characterizes stress is enough to make our workouts poor and the following healthy diet plans difficult.
In addition, stress affects many hormones in our body, such as cortisol. It is a hormone that controls, for example, the placement of fat in certain parts of the body and is also involved in influencing the amount of water in the body.
When stress occurs, cortisol secretion increases, the body retains more water, and fat burning becomes more difficult in certain parts of the body.
This, in turn, changes the visual image that faces us in the mirror. Even the tape measure and weight can be deceived. Excess water can be very confusing.
What happens is that the diet, which may have run smoothly so far, suddenly stops.
The weight does not fall, the dimensions do not decrease and the visual picture is the same week by week.
The dieter is starting to lose hope. The stress gets worse, which in turn only makes things worse.
In panic, you go even further for food or train your nose for blood. Again, things are getting worse.
The body begins to secrete even more cortisol, retain even more water, and sometimes the mirror image becomes even worse.
However, this is often the last straw, and the dieter gives up, eats the menu at the fast food restaurant and cries the pillow at night.
And again, the stress increases more and more. And overeating continues and continues. A person eats back what he lost during the diet and even more so.
As for nutrition and exercise, here are some suggestions:
1. Training should be moderate and consistent with goals and training levels. Excessive exercise can lead to overtraining and stress, even if it is not immediately felt. There are limits to the body’s ability to adapt, and if you try to develop too quickly, you may achieve the opposite result.
2. For diet plans, always find a way to enjoy your favorite foods. Don’t arbitrarily avoid foods but think rationally. I believe it was soon discovered that some foods are simply not practical choices for everyday eating with your goals in mind. This reasoning is far better than restricting any food because of some myth or prejudice.
3. Start calmly and slowly and try to integrate all changes in diet and exercise into your lifestyle. You should not feel a stressful obligation to train or follow a diet – it should be a normal part of everyday life. It should be a pleasure because you know that what you are doing is good for your body and makes you happy.
4. When dieting, keep weight loss slow and controlled. Any energy deficit is stress on the body. However, a small deficit does not cause special problems, but a large deficit is already severe hunger and the body responds accordingly.
5. Be optimistic, but also be realistic. By this I mean that you never think that you cannot, cannot or cannot. Everyone is able to get in good shape, but be realistic and realize that the more change is needed, the longer it will take. Accept the time spent, but look to the future with optimism.
The more I deal with nutrition and exercise, the more I come to the conclusion that it is the spiritual component – the feeling of well-being, the prevention of stress – that is one of the most important things at all.
You can’t expect good results in the long run if what you do irritates you. If exercise and diet are another extra stress, a distracting obligation and an uncomfortable activity, you will just burn out after a while.
There are several solutions. Many leave all the stress and responsibilities behind the gym door. Some, however, take the tension with them into the hall and direct it to move the weights. Many find even the slightest progress in further motivation. Their own success inspires them. In the mind’s eye, one sees oneself in good shape, strong and healthy. Such an optimistic view of the future is a very powerful helper. Also, try to set yourself up mentally. It’s not a shame to seek help from professionals as well. Most importantly, learn to enjoy life, because then everything else will be easier.
There is a wide range of essential oils and diffusers available in our shop that you can buy to avoid stress and to relax your body and soul by pushing the Shop button below.